Trying to setup Fax function in your HP OfficeJet 5200 printer? Just check out the information provided here for a perfect Fax configuration. To setup Faxing, a landline is mandatory and people prefer this method as it is more secure than email or regular mail.
Get Set to Fax From HP OfficeJet 5200 Printer
Prepare the Printer for Faxing
- You can either use telephone cord and cord that is available with your printer or utilize the cord with connectors which comprise of two wire leads
- Now you have to link phone cord in a phone wall jack and 1-Line jack available rear of the printer
- In some cases, you can link a phone cord to the machine and to 2-EXT jack at the back of the printer as you can record the phone calls sans any unnecessary noises
Fax Settings and Preferences
- By default, the fax configuration utility will be available in the HP Software
- For Mac OS, Basic Fax Settings tool and for Windows, Fax Setup Wizard will be available readily
- All you have to do is, click Fax or Setup menus available in the printer control panel to modify the Fax Settings and Preferences
- You can modify the settings like fax header, answer mode, auto answer, rings to answer, set the ring type, dial type, and fax volume as well
- Verify whether the settings are proper by printing a Fax test page and you can perform this by clicking Run Fax Test or Fax Test Report under the Fax or Setup Menu
- If there are any issues in the setup, you will get solutions to fix the issues in printing report itself
- To confirm the send and receive connectivity, send a fax to 1-888-HPFaxme (1-888-473-2963) and you will receive the fax in a few minutes with the fax header
How to Send a Fax?
Make use of the steps given below to send a fax from your printer and remember a telephonic connection is very essential for faxing functionality
Load Documents That You Want to Fax
- It is suggested to inform the receiver before you send the fax documents by calling them on the same phone line to which you are going to send the Fax using HP OfficeJet printer
- Now it’s time to load your documents for sending it in a Fax and then select a method to insert paper
- If you are utilizing the Automatic Document Feeder, try to load single or multi-page files with the help engraved guide or sticker
- While loading the documents via scanner glass, face down the documents based on the guides.
- You should always have some papers in the input tray if in case you receive any reports based on the fax that you sent
HP OfficeJet 5200 Fax Configuration
- While sending fax, ensure that you are not on call and also verify other phones connected to the similar phone line
- Sending a fax is very similar to making a phone call and you need to dial the fax number along with the area code which will let you connect telephone lines
- After that, click Black, Color, or Send button for sending the fax and you might hit upon many issues as mentioned below
- Phone line might be busy and you don’t have any options other than detaching the connection and attempt to make a call after some time
- When you hear any individual’s voice in the phone, hang around for some time and check whether they are acknowledging your fax or not
- If it doesn’t happen, cancel the fax to check the phone number you entered and furnish the new number
- A high-pitch sound indicates that sending fax is successful and you will receive fax report prints using which you can confirm successful fax message
- If you have any issues, you will get instant solutions in the Fax report print itself which you can utilize to resolve and start Faxing your documents right away.
- Faxing technology is mostly for organizations that require a secure and confidential way to transfer message.
Still, have doubts about HP OfficeJet 5200 Fax setup?
Just reach out to us at the toll-free number +1-888-214-1820 mentioned on the website 123.hp.com/setup and our technical support team will work hard to configure the HP OfficeJet 5200 Fax setup in minutes without any hindrance.